首页注册个人资料论坛选项悄悄话搜索在线会员日历帮助退出 收藏 | 设为首页

ASWECAN ASWECAN > Wicretrend > 文字 > Yesterday Once More——另一篇英文习作
  上一主题   下一主题
作者
主题 发布新主题    回复主题

白璧佛罗格
会员
Yesterday Once More——另一篇英文习作

It was very late at night. The rain had just stopped. I was doing my homework at the desk when suddenly a piece of familiar melody came in. I stopped, closing my eyes. I listened carefully until the music was over. It was Yesterday Once More sung by Marie Carpenter, which is one of my favorite songs. It was in a CD shop that I heard it for the first time. Its story-telling tune attracted me immediately, so I bought it at once. It is used to express good times either when you are chatting with friends or staying alone at home. Every time I heard it, a wonderful scene would come to my mind: a pretty girl listening to the music on radio with smiles on her face. As time passed by, when she was no longer young she sat down again before this radio which had brought her happiness, recalling those happy times she once had.

I dropped my homework, put on the earphones and pressed the “start” button. The nice melody came again: “When I was young, I’d listen to the radio, waiting for my favourite songs …” Lingering sounds remaining, a sort of feeling came to my mind that I should cherish today’s happiness of being young.

We all know that yesterday can never come again. However, music often brings us the nicest memories in our hearts. I will always love this song, till I am old. I will sit by the radio, listen to this song, and recall the pleasant scene that a child listened to his favourite songs scores of years before. It will be just like yesterday coming back once more.

Recalling is a particular ability. Sometimes it is very nice, while sometimes it drives you into sadness. We all wish to relive those nice experiences, but it is impossible. What we can do is only to store them up carefully in the book of life, just as we store up beautiful bookmarks.

2003-08-20 07:14 PM 发表 | 举报这个帖子 | 查看白璧佛罗格 的IP地址 | 编辑/删除 | 引用/回复

所有时间均为 北京时间 现在时间 01:34 PM 发布新主题    回复主题
  上一主题   下一主题
显示可打印版本 | 将本页发送给朋友

论坛跳转:

论坛状态:
你不可以发布新主题
你不可以回复主题
你不可以上传附件
你不可以编辑帖子
HTML代码禁止
vB代码允许