ASWECAN ASWECAN > Wicretrend > 文字 > 某年参加英文比赛的作品,看了别笑
  上一主题   下一主题
作者
主题 发布新主题    回复主题

白璧佛罗格
会员
某年参加英文比赛的作品,看了别笑

Are You Happy?

Though many years have passed, I still want to ask you, “Are you happy?” I can still remember the scene that you sat on the bench under a parasol tree, with a thick book in your little hands. You were so absorbed that I stopped my pace, not willing to disturb you. It was so beautiful a figure! Winds blew to the south, lifting your thin silk scarf.

“Take care. It is cold outside.”

You raised your head, glancing at me. With a soft smile, you went on reading the book. I was touched by your gentleness so I started to talk with you.

By talking with you, I knew you were a girl with a good education. But the conditions of your family were not very good at that time. Besides study, you had to take a moonlight job to help support your family. However, hard work didn’t prevent you from studying hard. Your only dream was to enter a good university and go abroad to learn more interesting things.

Life is unfair for you. I couldn’t believe that you --- a lovely girl with the urge for improvement --- was found to have got muscular dystrophy. At the age of 17, you faced death, afraid of nothing. You still read books. After you lost the ability to move your body, you asked your mother to read books for you. In the mysterious stories, you enjoyed your own happiness. It was such a kind of happiness that healthy people could never feel.

I happened to see you just before you were gone. You were reciting the New Testament. It was your favourite book. I just knew that you were a Christian. You were happy because you could talk to God. After you finished reciting the Revelation of John, your eyes closed. They were closed forever. There was a book in your hand. It was different. It was written by you yourself, and it told stories of your own. Now your book has been published. It sells well. I just want to ask you again: Are you happy there?

2003-08-20 07:12 PM 发表 | 举报这个帖子 | 查看白璧佛罗格 的IP地址 | 编辑/删除 | 引用/回复

所有时间均为 北京时间 现在时间 10:36 PM 发布新主题    回复主题
  上一主题   下一主题
显示可打印版本 | 将本页发送给朋友

论坛跳转:

论坛状态:
你不可以发布新主题
你不可以回复主题
你不可以上传附件
你不可以编辑帖子
HTML代码禁止
vB代码允许